Back pain is the most common complaint we hear patients talk about.
Below are a few tips you can follow that can help to prevent and relieve back pain while in a vehicle or airplane.
- Use your headrest. This will help to keep your neck in the proper curve.
- Use a slight lumbar support. If your vehicle does not have a lumbar support, use a towel or small pillow.
- Keep your knees level with each other.
Move it or Lose it
- Pump your ankles. Keep your toes on the floor and lift your heels up and down. This pumping motion will help with circulation.
- Squeeze your knees together. Squeeze your knees together and hold for 3-5 seconds.
- Neck rolls.
- Bring plenty of fresh water to keep you hydrated.
Kathryn Haynes, D.C.